Ms. Nakada's Blog for the First Day

 Agenda

Welcome to English 8!
Syllabus
First Day Letter

HW: course outline signed / letters home due Sunday


Hey Period 4!

This will be a space where everyday a different student will capture what happens in class and read their blog the next day. This is our blog and my version of what we did on Thursday. 

Everyone logged into our Zoom class and as people came in, we changed names and pronouns to let everyone know what we want to be called. 

I took attendance, and I was glad to see that I knew most of you already from sixth and seventh grade. I'm so excited to have you as my English students now!

After attendance, I went over the class syllabus and talked everyone through the class expectations and rules. Then, we went over the materials we need (the tech you need to connect, a notebook, things to write with and books books). 

We went over the first few units of study for The Outsiders, Inside Out and Back Again, and NaNoWriMo. 

Next, I read my letter to students. I can't wait for you all to write back! 

We came up with our blog name and after much debate and two votes, we decided on Chum Bucket!

That was pretty much it for our first day. We talked about the schedule for Friday and Monday. A few students stuck around to ask questions, and that was it for the day. 

what'd i miss?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Derek's Blog for Friday

Aahana's First Blog

Diego's First Blog